As we all know, the iPhone is a powerful tool that can help us stay connected and organized. However, there are times when we need to keep certain apps hidden from view.
Whether you want to hide apps from prying eyes or simply keep your screen looking clutter-free, there are a few different ways to go about it. Here are a few tips on how to hide apps on your iPhone.
One way to hide apps on iPhone is to use a feature called Guided Access. With Guided Access, you can disable access to certain areas of the iPhone’s screen.
Another way to hide apps is to use a jailbreak tweak. If you jailbreak your iPhone, there are a number of tweaks available that allow you to hide apps. But, we don’t recommend this process as we never recommend modifying the operating system.
If you don’t want to jailbreak your iPhone, there are still a few ways to hide apps. One is to use folders. To do this, simply create a new folder and drag the apps you want to hide into it. Another way to hide apps is to use the Restrictions feature in iOS. This allows you to disable certain features and apps altogether.
Before moving to the methods, here are similar content to hide and show hidden apps on Android devices.
- 6 Best Methods on How to Hide Apps on Android Devices
- 5 Methods on How to Find Hidden Apps on Android
Methods on How to Hide Apps on iPhone
Hiding an app on your iPhone is a simple process. You know the purpose of hiding an app. So, choose a method that clears your purpose easily.
1. How to Hide Apps from iPhone’s Search Results
If you have apps that you don’t want to be seen in your iPhone’s search results, you can hide them using a simple trick.
- First, open up the Settings app and scroll down to Siri & Search.
- Next, find the app or apps that you want to hide from search results and tap on their names.
- Finally, under the Siri & Search section for each app, toggle the switch next to Show App.
With this setting turned off, the app will no longer show up in your iPhone’s search results. This can be useful if you want to keep certain apps private or if you simply want to declutter your search results.
2. How to Turn Off Notifications For an iPhone App
Apple’s iPhone has a feature that allows you to turn off notifications for individual apps. This can be useful if you find yourself constantly interrupted by a particular app, or if you simply want to declutter your home screen. Here’s how to turn off notifications for an iPhone app:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down and find the app for which you want to disable notifications.
- Tap on the app and then toggle the switch next to Allow Notifications to the off position.
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve turned off notifications for an app, you will no longer receive any alerts, badges, or sounds from that app. If you ever want to re-enable notifications, simply follow the steps above and toggle the switch back to the on position.
3. Hide Apps on iPhone using a Jailbreak Tweak
If you want to hide apps on your iPhone, you can do so by using a jailbreak tweak. There are a few tweaks available that will allow you to hide apps, and they all work in different ways. Some tweaks will allow you to hide apps from your home screen, while others will allow you to hide apps from your App Switcher.
To hide apps from your home screen, you can use tweaks like hidingMeX or Home Screen Apk Hide. These tweaks will allow you to select which apps you want to hide, and they will then be hidden from your home screen. To access the hidden apps, you will need to use a special gesture or shortcut.
To hide apps from your App Switcher, you can use a tweak like Switcher Hide. This tweak will allow you to select which apps you want to hide, and they will then be hidden from your App Switcher. You can still access the hidden apps, but you will need to use a special gesture or shortcut.
There are also some tweaks that will allow you to hide apps from both your home screen and your App Switcher. These tweaks include SBIconHider and AppHide. These tweaks work in the same way as the other tweaks, but they will hide the app icons from both your home screen and your App Switcher.
If you want to hide apps on your iPhone, there are a variety of jailbreak tweaks that you can use. Choose the tweak that best suits your needs, and then follow the instructions to hide the apps that you want to hide.
4. How to Hide Apps on iPhone using Guided Access
With Guided Access, you can disable access to certain features of your iPhone, including the ability to launch and use apps. To use Guided Access, follow the below steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on General -> Accessibility -> Guided Access.
- Tap on the toggle switch next to Guided Access to turn it on.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner, then tap on Options.
- In the Options menu, scroll down and toggle the switch next to Accessibility Shortcut.
- Return to the main Accessibility menu and scroll down to the bottom. Tap on Guided Access Passcode Settings.
- Choose a passcode for Guided Access.
- Return to the main Settings menu and open the app you want to hide.
- Triple-click the Home button to activate Guided Access.
- Use your finger to circle the app you want to hide.
- Tap on Options in the top left corner
- Toggle the switch next to the Hide Menu Bar.
- Tap on the X in the top left corner to return to the app.
- Triple-click the Home button again to deactivate Guided Access.
After that, you can access the hidden app using Guided Access which is Passcode protected.
5. How to Hide Apps on iPhone Using App Library
With the release of iOS 14, Apple introduced a new feature called the App Library. This is a great way to declutter your home screen and keep only the apps that you use regularly. But what if you want to keep certain apps hidden away? Here’s how to do it using the App Library.
So, this method is exclusive to iPhones running on iOS 14 or later versions.
First, open up the App Library by swiping to the right of your home screen. Then, find the app that you want to hide and long press on it. A menu will pop up with the option to “Add to App Library.” Select this option and the app will be moved to the App Library.
To access the App Library, you can either swipe to the right of your home screen or tap on the App Library icon in the Dock. From here, you can find the app that you have hidden away and tap on it to launch it.
6. How to Hide Apps on iPhone Using Folders
- Press and hold on to an app icon until all the icons start wiggling.
- Drag one app icon on top of another app icon to create a folder.
- You can drag more apps into the folder. To do this, press and hold on an app icon, then drag it into the folder.
- You can also drag the app toward the right to create more pages within the folder.
- To rename the folder, tap on the name field above the apps and type in a new name.
- Press the home button to save the folder. Your hidden apps will now be stored in the new folder.
7. How to Hide Apps on iPhone from App Store History
Are you trying to keep your app usage a secret from someone? Whether you’re trying to hide your app usage from your boss or your significant other, there are a few ways to do it. Here’s how to hide apps from your App Store history.
First, open the App Store and tap on the Purchased tab. Here, you’ll see all of the apps that you’ve ever downloaded. To hide an app, simply swipe left on it and tap Hide.
If you want to completely remove an app from your purchase history, you can do so by deleting it from your device. Once it’s deleted, it will no longer show up in your App Store history.
Hiding apps from your App Store history is a great way to keep your app usage a secret. So if you’re trying to keep your boss or your significant other from knowing what you’re up to, these tips should help you out.